A Landlord's Responsibilities to Gas safety


When letting a property with gas appliances, You have responsibilities:


  • Regular servicing and maintenance: all appliances, flues and pipe work must be maintained in a safe condition and flues checked for access if conveyed through voids or ceilings. See here for details on access panels.http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/advice/flues_in_voids.aspx

  • Gas appliances annually serviced in accordance with manufacturer instructions.

  • Landlord or home owner gas safety checks (commonly known as a "CP12"): a gas safety check must be carried out annually on all gas appliances/flues and gas supplies.  A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings, flues, pipe work and appliances are safe to use.

  • The Landlord Gas Safety Certificate: A copy of the annual gas safety check (called a Home Owners or Landlord Gas Safety Certificate ( CP12) must be provided to the tenant within 28 days of the checks being completed. New tenants should receive a copy before they move into the property or accommodation supplied by the landlord.

  • Gas Safety Certificates: Landlords are required by law to keep copies of the gas safety records for up to two years

All installation, maintenance and safety checks need to be carried out by a gas-safe registered engineer every 12 months. 
Contact us today to book a gas safety check.




email enquirys: moores-gas@hotmail.com